Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Getting Started - Read this first

Ancestry Lingo & how I do it


Okay, to let you know a few things, I'll update as I go if I think certain things might need explaining even tho they might not (so no offense if you know what it means). 
Example: Surname - this is referred to as our Last name, ie: Edwards


I will always post dates as: Month-Day-Year
I will post locations as: City, County, State (if applicable), Country (altho as locations become mostly USA, I won't post the USA anymore unless I feel it needs to be clarified)

I have the generation number next to the person's name. This helps keep track of people. There will be so many people that it will be hard to remember whom came from whom, but I'll figure out the best way possible to post it as I go. I have the tabs set up for generations right now, but I may change that if it needs to be different to navigate thru people. 

For the people with an * next to them, this is our direct line, so follow the * to find our direct descendant line. 

I've already posted our 1st generation, so Enjoy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment